The best part of the salad, is Rigby loved it. Other than the shallots, there wasn't anything she didn't love about it. And she didn't feel the need to be snacking an hour or two after dinner, like she does sometimes after having salad for dinner. Hubby and I both loved the dish and it is something I will be making again.
Steak au Poivre Salad
Source: Cuisine at Home
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 bag baby spinach or arugula (6 ounce, I used a bag of mixed greens)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallots or white onions
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 strips bacon, diced
- 1 New York strip steak, trimmed, seasoned with salt and pepper (I used tenderloin steaks)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Combine olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and cracked black pepper together, whisk well and set aside.
Cook the bacon in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper-towel lined plate, then toss with the spinach salad.
Sear steaks in the same pan as the bacon to desired doneness, 6-7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes; thinly slice against the grain into thin strips.
Divide salad among 4 plates and top with steak strips; serve with lemon pepper vinaigrette.